Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blogs I follow

I am still reluctant to use this medium, and I only "follow" 2 blogs, both written by young ladies that are dear to my heart, and every time I remember to see what they have written lately, I am astounded by the depth of feeling both have for what is going on around them. Mo is having the revelation that, to teen age daughters, she is dumb as a rock! And I bet she can remember when she thought the same thing about her mother! Hang in there Mo, cause you are on the right track, although I don't have a clue how long the insurrection will last. We still have one with the same attitude, and she's past 30! And that daughter who is married to Mr. Smarty Pants - thanks for the reinforcement that you were brought up relatively color-blind. I never thought much about the example that you Mom and I were setting, cause as whoever said it, folks is folks. I love that drawing of MLK. I wish you would send that to me.

In a short while, I will have a birthday, and I have decided that it is patently unfair to have anymore birthdays after you reach this age. Of course, the alternative is not very attractive, either. I think we should have been equipped with an age pause button that you could use as needed. I need a lot more time with grand kids ( and great grand kids) Oh well, at least the over the hill gang is not a intense as you younger folks. I have actually been called laid back by someone who really doesn't know me very well!

One of these days, I really am gonna write something worth while, maybe. But I have a hard time beginning it. I would like to write a biography, but if I write what all I have done in this lifetime, everyone will think it is BS, and I would also have to black out certain parts for national security purposes (or just kill anyone who read it) Ha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alright, mister. Time to blog some more. No excuses.

I gave you an award on my blog. You have to play along. It will be good for you.

Go check it out.